Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Nov. 11, 2010

Cory had the day off today so we thought we'd check out the Veteran's Day Parade. The best float was one of the first. It was simple in design but the message was powerful. It was an elegantly decorated table with 4 empty white chairs. The chairs represented 100's maybe even 1000's of POW's that would never sit down at a table such as this with their families but perhaps a setting would always be waiting for their return. Hot tears rolled down my face as it paused and then passed by. I feel more gratitude for the men and women that have served in the armed forces (in what ever capacity) today than I did yesterday. God bless America!






Caleb salutes and Hannah smiles.



















Caleb gets a better look.














Hannah takes a break from eating trail mix to pose for a picture.














After the parade we went to Grandma Connie's. Cory found a few boxes of his treasured childhood toys in the guest bedroom closet. He and Caleb put together most of the Lego battle ship this afternoon. The final touches will have to wait for another day.














Before dinner the kids laughed and played together on the floor.
I didn't want to make dinner tonight so I asked Caleb, "How do Pancakes sound?" He said, "duhh-licious!" So we had breakfast for dinner tonight. Growing up my Mom did this a few times and I thought it was the best most exciting thing that had happened to me all that day. Now that I'm a Mom, she probably did it for the same reason I did...it's easy.

0 comments: