Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Out of Town

Nov. 1, 2010

We left the house around 8am this morning and headed up to the Tule River reservation on the outskirts of Porterville. It was neat to see the people and we even saw a man that looked like chief. I thought a lot about the Book of Mormon when I looked into their faces and wondered if any knew about the book. I also wondered if the missionaries are allowed on the property at all.
We spent a big chunk of time at the park on the Rez (that is honestly what they call it). Hannah climbed up a big slide and then didn't want to go down. She did let go and well, it was anti-climatic. She gently and slowly went down the slide instead of what we all thought would happen: a terrifying plummet off the edge of the earth.























Hannah holding on for dear life.



















I outweigh Caleb by ... we don't have to get into all that... so getting him up and down on the see-saw was harder than I thought it would be. My legs were aching... so I'm telling myself I "worked out" today.

0 comments: