Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In the country

Nov. 23, 2010

I went to work with Cory this morning. I met a lot of really nice people that Cory works with and I also watched him work. He seems very comfortable there and really enjoys what he's doing (I also read about 2 more planets). After lunch Cory and I drove up to Springville to meet with a Real Estate person to check out the listings up there. We have heard really great things about Springville from really great people. We found Springville to be a very quiet and nice place. It would be a great place for raising a family. We checked out 4 listings. The first 3 were around the golf course and really fancy and nice. They seemed a little too fancy and nice for me. One house was 4 bedrooms 4 1/2 baths! I don't want to clean 4 and 1/2 bathrooms! The last house was the furthest away. It was 1 acre and the neighbor had a pond with ducks and cattle. This property had huge boulders and trees for climbing. A potting shed, chicken coup and deck. The inside floors were knotty pine and the kitchen, bath and laundry room had all been updated. The dinning area was large enough to fit 2 our kitchen tables with room to spare. It has a lot of windows and is country living which suits me just fine. I could just see us living there. It isn't big and fancy or even impressive to the modern eye. But it looks like "home."
Two problems : 1) It is an extra 20 minutes from Cory's turn off, making the commute 40 minutes. 2) It's small.
Maybe there is something just like it only bigger and closer. I LOVE this house!


1 comments:

Connie de said...

Love it too! (the house)