Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's in the cookies?

July 7th, 2008

Caleb and I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies today. He is a very hands on kind of helper and was happy to assist in any way I would let him. I let him pour in everything! I even let him try to crack an egg, which turned out to be messy. I hadn't planned on his He-Man strength. He crushed the egg and it got everywhere. Before I could wipe his hands he rubbed his neck with his raw egg fingers and that's when the real fun began. He immediately developed a red rash that quickly started to spread up his neck onto his face and down to his chest. Not until after an immediate impromptu kitchen sink bath did the rash go away. What happened, is he allergic to eggs? It appears so. To be sure I made an appointment with his Dr. to run some allergy tests.

0 comments: