Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The waiting begins...

Sept. 16, 2008

Last night at 11:30pm we were woken up by the telephone. My first thought, "Oh no, it's my parents. Something's wrong with Caleb." Instead it was the hospital. They are packed with women giving birth and instead of coming in at 6am they want us to call at 5:30 instead. So we did and the hospital was still crowded. call back at 7:45. So we did. Still packed. Now we are to call at 11. We didn't want to just wait at home so we put everything int he car and headed over to my Mom and Dad's to be with Caleb a little longer and m,hopefully make the time go faster and be more enjoyable. My Dad took the day off to help with Caleb and of course so did Cory. I hope it wasn't in vain.

Thoughts: I am nervous despite the fact that this isn't my first time. I wonder if maybe being naive the first time made it a better experience because I really didn't know what to expect. I know now basically what is in store and I worry that I will not rise to the challenge. Not that I won't have the baby, because she is coming either way right. But that I won't be a lady and in control. It sounds silly, but this is what I desire 2nd to having a Healthy baby that will come home with us and stay.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Its always easier going into something with more knowledge. Your gonna do great. Positive thinking works wonders!! I'm thinking of you today. I'm loving the updates. :) Hope you get in soon.

Johnsons Away said...

Just like Jocelyn said, positive thinking will do wonders. I know you'll do great. Jennifer King is actually in the same boat you are. So you are both in my thoughts and prayers today.

KillmerFam said...

After the first, it gets easier! Hope everything goes well and that you're not reading this tonight because you're in the hospital having a baby! :o) Good luck!

Carla said...

I know it wasn't your intent, but you make me laugh! I was almost looking for the opportunity to say something un-ladylike to Devonn... I didn't, but during labor with James I told my Mom that her breath stinks :) Good luck!!! Can't wait to meet your adorable little girl!

Connie de said...

Well you certainly rose to the challenge little mother. Don't ever understimate yourself again - or else.

The Potter Pack said...

Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful babe ... I heard she was born on Wed from Alison's blog ... congrats !!