Thursday, December 2, 2010

Homemade Caramel

Dec. 1, 2010

My Mom told me that she would teach Amber and I how to make her homemade caramel.
We met at Amber's house this morning and stirred away! After the karo syrup and sugar had come to a roiling boiling for 20 minutes we began adding the butter and evaporated milk slowly stirring constantly for an hour until it was all combined and the temp. had reached 242 degrees.




























After walnuts and vanilla were added the caramel was poured into a pan to cool. We put the pan in Amber's garage to help the caramel cool faster. After the caramel was cooled and cut we wrapped them up individually in wax paper. Done! They are hard to resist. I'm hoping that supply will soon outweigh demand. As of now the demand is high.
Caleb and Roegan jumped on the trampoline for an hour. It looked like so much fun that I joined them and tried to burn off a few of the calories I had already consumed.

3 comments:

American Mom said...

Amber graciously offered me a couple last night - they were DELISH!!
Great job girls -

Unknown said...

What fun! Looks like a great time in the kitchen. The recipe sounds so amazing, never found a caramel recipe like this. Thanks for sharing!

Sonnet and Christian said...

YUM! I love your blog and your fun life!