Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Stroll

April 10, 2011

Our new ward starts at 9am. 9am always sounded really early to me. Now that we've done it I hope it always starts at this time. I have made a new friend. Her name is Brooke Tree. She has 3 boys and just had a little girl. She is very nice and I like her a lot. An Enrichment activity is planed for this week and I look forward to seeing her and getting to know other women a little better too. I'm never nervous meeting people for the first time because there aren't any expectations. You don't know them and they don't know you. I love learning things about people because every one is special and worth knowing.
Since church starts earlier, we're back home earlier too. This afternoon we fed the kids lunch and then went for a stroll outside. We met a neighbor (Camille 15 or 16) and talked with her and her best friend for a while. It was interesting to listen to them talk. They were in High School, and as teenagers they acted like the world was full of drama and injustice and perhaps even revolved around them, (some of the time). But as I asked questions and listened to their answers they seemed like good girls. I thought about the Young Women's' program in our Church and wanted them to come to the activities and gain confidence as they came to realize that they are daughters of God. High School sounds so much harder than when I was in it. If I had been a member of the Church then, perhaps I would not have made so many mistakes.

0 comments: