Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Haircut, Library, and Tissue Rosettes

Feb. 8, 2011

Caleb got a haircut this morning and it was such a good one that I took a picture of it so I could bring it with me next time, and say, "Just like this please." Hannah likes when Caleb gets his haircut because for 20 - 30 minutes she has an non-distracted Mommy to play with.
With a new haircut and a quick trip to Country Club Liquors for some Cheetos, we were ready to check out books at the Library. This month I'm learning about the Human Body. I'm getting a late start of course and this is the shortest month of the year. But February is going to come and go whether I learn anything or not. So I might as well put these last 3 weeks to good use. After the Library and a Target trip we went to Grandma's for some fun. Grandma took the kids out in the Sunshine and then we watched Snow White and had some popcorn.
Last night I found two blogs that are Fantastic Clean Mama and The Idea Room. The first blog, Clean Mama, is all about organizing your home, staying on top of cleaning (and even going beyond the basics), paying bills on time and budgeting and meal planning. Basically a "how to" run your home like a well oiled machine. The second, The Idea Room, is basically fun ideas to make your house a home.
I found a fun craft on the blog called Tissue Rosette Kissing Ball here and tried to make one myself. This is one thing where it takes practice to look like hers does. I did notice that the rosettes I made in the end were better than the first. Check out these blogs if you have time :)


4 comments:

Connie de said...

I forgot to tell you how great I thought these were. You could be making money on other things besides cleaning my house...

Connie de said...

...the roses.

StephanieBoots said...

You didn't mean the kids?

Connie de said...

Those too.