Sunday, January 2, 2011

A break in the weather

Dec. 30, 2010

Today was a beautiful day in Bakersfield. Typically I have to wait until March to get a clear view of the mountains like I did today.

I had some plane ticket searching to do today. Cory's Grandma Joy passed away and the funeral is this Monday. As I searched for the best deal I could find, (yikes) I pulled over the little gray table and chairs next to me and set the kids up to color. I don't have to worry about Caleb and the pencils (or markers for that matter) but Hannah is very "creative." She likes to draw on herself. "Hannah you're not paper!" I say this almost every time she colors a picture.















Every day at some point I put Caleb or Hannah in their room by themselves to entertain themselves and to also to give my ears a break from Hannah's high pitched screaming. Caleb and Hannah love to play together but there comes a point when they need a little space... so I give it to them: Hannah in the living room and Caleb in their bedroom (or vice verses). Today Caleb was in the bedroom and he made a big track and played with a new Gorden engine.

0 comments: