Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowflake Cookies

Jan. 12, 2011

Caleb made a snowflake cookie at Preschool today and was a very good boy. I mention that because he struggles in Primary, at the Mommy Preschool we do with the Pitt, Kilmer and Cola kids and in almost every other place almost every time. I have felt a little discouraged at times because I felt like we were doing all that we could to help him be his best self. I think about the Mosiah 4: 14 -15, "neither we ye suffer that they[children]... fight and quarrel one with another"..."teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another" and 1 Cor 13 :4-8 Especially verses 7-8, "[Charity] Beareth all things, believeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth;" I believe that Caleb and Hannah were sent to me because they would best teach me how to be patient, full of love, and better love Jesus Christ because I would serve them and teach them His Gospel. Monday was not a great day at Sister Ricks Preschool. In fact after I told Cory about Sister Ricks struggle with him we felt that if his attitude did not change for the better on Wednesday we would not let him go back. We explained this to Caleb and he acted like he understood. Whenever he started to throw a tantrum or tease Hannah I would ask, "Is this how you're going to act at Sister Ricks?" He would say no and then changed. He had the motivation to be better and Cory and I had the key to unlock the change. Within 24 hours he was better (not perfect, but better). I am SO glad. He loves Sister Ricks and she loves him. When I came to pick him up on Wednesday I was prepared to say, "Well, because of the way you acted you chose not to come back Caleb" if he had not improved from Monday. I hoped and prayed that I wouldn't have to say this when I saw him. When he saw me after Preschool, he ran to Sister Ricks and said, "Tell my Mom how good I was, Sister Ricks." I looked at her surprised and hopeful and she said that he was good. Hurray!!! I was relieved and so happy for him. He loves to be at Sister Ricks and and showed all of us just how much. Before we left her house she said they read the David goes to school book (one of our favorites for many reasons). Sister Ricks said that Caleb listened very carefully and was very sill for the entire book. She looked at me for a minute, smiled and added, "Caleb's a lot like David." I laughed and said, "Yes." We went to the Park again to celebrate.


0 comments: