Monday, January 17, 2011

Blanket time

Jan. 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
Did you know that his famous, "I have a Dream speech" was delivered at the Lincoln Memorial?

I wanted to make a blanket for Hannah. Something that has her favorite color... purple in it. Well I found some darling fabric called Betty Dear by Robert Kauffman at Beverly's and went to Strawberry Patches to see if they had anything that would compliment it because it turned out to very difficult to match. The purple was very different than the other purple fabrics I looked at. Well, Strawberry Patches came through and here I am sewing some purple binding to finish. I'm using my Mom's Babylock sewing machine (she finally has a sewing machine that works and boy is it awesome!!!) and it flies!! I finish it up tomorrow along with two Pillowcases and maybe a goldenrod throw pillow for pop (Goldenrod you say? Random color choice? No it's in the print and it's fabulous).

1 comments:

Connie de said...

You're such a Martha. (Martha Stewart.) (Her good side.) I love it!