Monday, January 17, 2011

"Dates" for everyone.

Jan 14, 2011

Grandma took Caleb and Patrick on a date to Baskin Robbins this afternoon. So Hannah and I went on a 'date' too. We walked in the field together, holding hands and talking. It was very sweet to be with just her. When Caleb was the only one he and I did a lot of exploring and bonding. We would look for bugs and frogs and throw rocks in the lake. I would teach him everything I knew about whatever he wanted to know and we were best friends. I haven't done too much of this with Hannah. Today as I watched her play in the dirt and fill her sock with it I felt grateful for the moment. I looked at her and watched her discover how much bigger the world really is and she was more special and wonderful and miraculous than just I thought 10 minutes before. When we came back inside we made a special treat (Smores in the oven) and chatted more and then she played by herself while I cleaned up. All was quiet and calm in our house. There was no music or TV on. Just the sound of her singing and dolls' dialogue.
Caleb came home so very happy to have spent a few hours with Grandma and Patrick. He even made Hannah's bed!

0 comments: