Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All in a Day



May 13, 2008

On Monday Caleb and I went to Green Frog market and picked up a few special things for Mommy since it will be dinner for 1 for the week. I pa roused the butcher's selection and decided on Chicken fajitas and a stuffed bell pepper. Last night I made the bell pepper (yum) and tonight Caleb really wanted to make dinner so I let him stir around the fajita stuff (with close supervision of course). Caleb loved every minute of it and was quite pleased with himself. I "oohed" and "ahhed" over the finished product and this made him smile. After dinner Cory called and it was nice to hear his voice (I miss him...) then we left for Noni and Nono's. My Dad pulled out the bike/jogging stroller and two bikes and the three of us took a ride around the neighborhood. It was a workout for both of us. Me, because I am pregnant and my Dad because Caleb weighs 30 lbs. and the stroller is like 1000. So, way to go Dad! As Dad and I were putting away the stroller we heard Caleb cry really loud and hard, my Mommy ears deciphered immediately that it was a "hurt" cry. We ran to him and found that he had been mauled by dear old Pumpkin Brat. He cried and cried and just pointed to the cat who's tail was swishing back and forth, like, "Hey, he was asking for it." Poor Caleb. He had several scratches on his face and a puncture wound behind his right ear. I put him in the bath and scrubbed the scratches really good. Who knows where those claws have been? In the end Caleb is amazing and I have vowed to keep a much closer eye on Pumpkin and never leave the two of them alone. It is a lesson learned with relatively minor consequences...it could have been much worse.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Adorable!! I love his hand on his hip.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You are more patient than me - I try to avoid letting the kids help in the kitchen - I know, BAD MOMMY!

Connie de said...

man - you are getting really good at this! (blogging) connie