Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dinosaurs and Football

October 28, 2010

This morning Caleb went into his room and played while Hannah played with toy Dinosaurs. The dialogue went as follows, "Are you Poopy?" "No." "I love you Mommy." And that was basically it. She played like that long enough for me to a make a meal plan and grocery list.
We all went to the store, along with everyone else on the NE side of Bakersfield. It was crazy at FoodMaxx! But we did make it out alive and now our cupboards are full of food. Don't you love that? I do. But you know I love even more? Clean sheets. I change our sheets every week on Monday and Monday night when I climb into bed I say, (usually out loud) "I love clean sheets." I've said that every week since Cory and I were married 8 years ago.
Cory and Caleb went to a BHS vs. Centennial football game tonight with Ryan Pitts and his son Aaron. The boys were more interested in the construction area than the game. But Caleb did remember the important details: the Blue team beat the Red team.
While the men were at the game Hannah and I went to my Mom's again to hang out. After Hannah swung in the swing, we went for a walk to pick up Nini's mail. On the way back we stopped at the two story house that just went up for sale. The house is white with forest green trim and is right across the street from my parents' house. As I push Hannah in the swing I stare at that house and make a laundry list of things I would do if that house were mine. I love this house. As we walked by it I steered Hannah up the driveway and we peeked in the windows (the house has been empty for months). We went into the backyard to find that it was overgrown and long since forgotten. I imagined lush green grass and garden in place of the dog run and half as many trees. This made me love it even more. As Hannah and I walked back I knew this house would never be ours. But I do hope that whoever does buy it, fixes it up to be the beautiful house I think it could be.

1 comments:

Connie de said...

Fun times! And I love (LOVE) clean sheets too.