Thursday, January 17, 2013

 While Caleb was in Tae-Kwon Do, Afton slept in the van and Hannah and I looked at old pictures on the camera.  It was amazing to see how many happy things we've done and forgotten.  The pictures reminded us of dress-up days, cardboard box creations, hiking, silliness, and how fast a child's face can change in a year.  When Hannah was a new baby it seemed like she would grow overnight and in the morning after she woke up she would be longer in my arms.  Looking back at those pictures made me feel like the time the pictures captured went almost as fast.  Oh where does the time go?  So, feeling nostalgic, I took a picture of her.  She loves to be silly and fun in front of a camera and immediately began wiggling.  The result?  This blurry picture!  Hannah couldn't stop laughing when she saw it...


We went to a High School soccer game. 
 It was really cold. 
 We invited two boys to join us for Pizza and a movie night.  
 

 Hannah got the flu:  high fever, chills, (or what she called "chivers")  and an achy body for 3 days.   She is super glad that's over.
 Caleb is learning how to jump rope. 


 Caleb and I took a walk together in the empty pasture by our house.  He ran and ran and looked free and happy! 
After running; then jumping off rocks.
And after jumping off rocks Caleb and I talked and ate the oranges we picked off of the trees.  I asked him if Heavenly Father had a plan for him.  He said "Yes, to die and come back to him."  I asked if Heavenly Father had a plan for him in between being born and returning to Him.  He said, "Yea."  then very matter-of-fact "To be happy."  He does want Caleb to be happy.  He wants all of us to be happy.  I love Caleb.  He is a sweet boy and I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for him.  He knows his potential and what lessons he must learn to be what he can become.  I tell Caleb and Hannah that Jesus is in heaven watching and cheering them on.  So don't give up.  We can do hard things!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love reading about your family :) And the reminder that we CAN do hard things :)

Connie de said...

Love it!