Monday, May 10, 2010

Big Brother teaching


October 26, 2009

Caleb loves to help and whenever he asks to help I have a dilima... Do I let him help knowing it will take longer and not be as good as if I did it myself or do I just Do it myself. Most of the time I let him help because if I kept telling him, "No thanks, " he'd probably stop asking and then I'd have to do it myself (or risk a battle). So I let him vacuum today and then he taught Hannah how to vacuum. It was very sweet to watch the two of them work together. After Hannah went down for a nap Caleb and I made play dough together and dyed it pink with beet juice. I found the idea in the Family Fun magazine and thought Caleb would like it. He did... and he didn't eat it!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You mentioned you guys did this during Hannah's nap... does this mean Caleb isn't doing his 3hr naps anymore???

Connie de said...

'Letting them help' skipped a generation with me. My mom always made us help no matter how long it took or what kind of mess we made in the process, or how much we complained. But I was not great at it. I did a lot myself. WRONG! It's a good thing - do it.

StephanieBoots said...

No. No more three hour naps and Hannah is down to only one!