Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sunshine on my shoulders...



Jan 9, 2008


Today was the first sunny day in a long time so Caleb and I went outside to enjoy it.  We went to the park that is just across the street from our house and even took our jackets off!  Caleb and I got a close look at a bee warming itself in the sun.  Caleb was fascinated with the insect and wanted to touch it but after Mommy stopped his several attempts he settled for a close look instead.  
Personal Story - one day while I was in Jr. High helping my dad with the yard work several bees came near us (which happened to be where some intoxicatingly sweet flowers were also).  I batted  at them and said in disgust, "I hate BEES!"  My Dad then said, "You may not like them but you must respect them, because of the purpose they serve and the power they have."  I later found out that my Dad was allergic to bees so for him the power they possessed was much greater over him then it would ever be for me.  For me it would only hurt.  For my Dad he could get really sick, maybe even die.   I want to teach these kinds of ideals to Caleb.

0 comments: