Monday, May 2, 2011

Relay for life

April 30, 2011

Every year we go to the Relay for Life. 3 of the 4 Grandparents I have died from Cancer. Every year, the Company my Dad works for, Aera, has a tent, so we pack up the kids and have a wonderful time. The theme for the Aera tent was Circus. The kids had fun posing for this picture. A few of the Employees daughters had a face painting booth. After one girl painted a butterfly on Hannah's hand she let Hannah paint a picture on her arm.
Every year since the first Twilight movie came out there has been a "Forks" spot at the Relay for Life. Yes, I realize I'm a dork but it was fun to pose with these kids that took their characters very seriously and also seemed to be excited to have there shirts off all day.
I love my Dad...
Right as we were leaving We saw Jennifer Kilmer and her kids. Her Mom is a 4 year Cancer survivor. Caleb and Hannah really loved seeing Michael and Emma for a few minutes. I'm always so glad when we go. I look forward to it every year. If you can go you won't regret it.

0 comments: