Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Take me out to the Ball Game

June 21, 2008

We drove to Dodger Stadium today for an early afternoon game. I know what you're thinking: Must have been nice and cool. Well you are wrong. It was 103! In LA! This is the 3rd annual CBIZ Dodger game. Cory is in charge of this every year, and he loves it. Do you see all those empty seats? That's because it was too HOT to sit in the sun for very long. Eventually Cory and Caleb came up under the shade with the rest of us, but I know my husband (who bleeds Dodger blue) would have loved to stay down on the field. Did I mention we had great seats? Well we had great seats!



Under the shade we began the cooling process eventually Caleb's shirt came off and we used a friends mister to keep him cool and wet. He really liked getting wet from the mister, can't you tell? p.s. I'm th kind of Mom that is very concerned with temperature. The heat affects me terribly and this makes me extra fussy about Caleb's temp. I am always giving him something to drink, keeping him in the shade and getting him wet with a rag or spray bottle. When ever I see kids with red flushed cheeks and not drinking anything I get worried. I always think, "They are going to get sick."
Anyway, Cory and I shared a Dodger dog (but he went a little crazy with the mustard ) and the "compliemtary" cups of ice water. We stayed almost until the end and then drove home talking.

0 comments: