Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A day in the sun

 I spent a week in Ventura with my Mom and the kids.  During the day we walked around together seeing all that the Beach and the fair had to offer.  At night while the kids slept Mom and I sewed.  It was heaven for me.  I rarely ever have time to sew.  There always seems to be something more pressing to do.  I stare lovingly at my machine as I walk by it everyday and as I lay my head down at night I think to myself, "Tomorrow is the day for sewing." So far "tomorrow" hasn't come.  Maybe someone has a tip?....Saturday morning we went out to breakfast.

 We went to the Farmer's Market and then back home to lay Afton down for a nap (after her bike ride).  Then while the kids hung out Cory and I rode the bikes around Main street.

 We came back and went straight to the beach.  A man on the beach caught a few really cool things... including a guitar fish,  He let Caleb throw it back in the water.
 A leopard shark...and a little later a sting ray!
 I love the Sun!
 Can't you just feel the warm sand?
 Happy Hannah
 The sting ray!
 Caleb getting ready to "boogie."
 A sweet smooch



 Hannah is a free spirit.  This is Hannah!
 Just before Caleb and Cory launch the kayaks into the water.  They went far out and saw some kelp beds and in the kelp a huge starfish and crabs. 

The Randall men coming back in.  Caleb flipped over and out, but couldn't be happier.

6 comments:

StephanieBoots said...

Ahh. The Beach.

luvs. me. said...

I want to know what you sewed!!! I love you!!!

luvs. me. said...

I want to know what you sewed!!! I love you!!!

Michelle said...

Fun!!!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Oh man I am missing the beach now.

Sara said...

I love all of this. I love the beach. I love you all.