Monday, June 6, 2011

Mother's Day

May 8, 2011

This was the best Mother's Day ever! The kids were great, I got a new apron (from my Mom) and Cory and I spoke in church. aka: Which means I got it over with! I read a great quote by Author Anna Quindlen last week and incorporated it in my talk"The biggest mistake I made (as a parent) is one that most of us make... I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my (3) children sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summers day, ages 6, 4, and 1, and I wish I could remember what we ate and what we talked about and how they sounded and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."

For sake of the "talk" I did this throughout the week and you know what? It was great. The kids were happier and so was I. I loved them a little more and thought they were a little more amazing.

0 comments: